Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Cannot print invoices

By
Harold Naparst
on 10/23/16, 8:36 PM 170 views

I am trying to download an invoice in pdf format.  I have wkhtmltopdf installed, and it seems to work fine on the odoo server.  The error message is:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/odoo/addons/report/controllers/main.py", line 96, in report_download response = self.report_routes(reportname, docids=docids, converter='pdf') File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/odoo/http.py", line 504, in response_wrap response = f(*args, **kw) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/odoo/addons/report/controllers/main.py", line 45, in report_routes pdf = report_obj.with_context(context).get_pdf(docids, reportname, data=data) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/odoo/addons/report/models/report.py", line 179, in get_pdf save_in_attachment = self._check_attachment_use(docids, report) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/odoo/addons/report/models/report.py", line 313, in _check_attachment_use pdf = base64.decodestring(pdf) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/base64.py", line 321, in decodestring return binascii.a2b_base64(s)TypeError: must be string or buffer, not None

Cruising through the googled reports, it seems that many people have had this problem for many years.  Sometimes the solution seems to be to install the Document Management Module, which does not seem to exist for Odoo 10.0.  Other times, it seems the solution is to change some non-existent setting.

Any possibility to invoice customers in Odoo 10?

Harold Naparst
On 10/24/16, 11:41 AM

I spent all day on this. I was not able to get Odoo 10 to do this correctly at all, even using a Docker container provided by hibou/odoo. As of today, Odoo does not provide an official container for 10.0. When I used the official container for 9.0c, then it worked.

Fabien M
On 10/24/16, 10:09 AM

I had this problem few months ago with Odoo 9, I downgraded wkhtmltopdf 0.12.2 to 0.12.1 then it worked great !

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/23/16, 8:36 PM
Seen: 170 times
Last updated: 10/24/16, 11:41 AM