Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Cannot import company data csv in Odoo 9?

By
sdbs_ml
on 9/26/16, 1:04 PM 304 views

I first made a database with demo data, and there I filled the form for the company. From Companies / (check on company) / Action / Export I managed to export a .csv with the company data (phone, address, etc).

Then I made a new database without demo data, and tried importing the .csv exported previously. When I then go to Settings / Companies / Import, the problem is this:

... that is - I click on Browse, choose the .csv - but after that, Validate is still greyed out and cannot be pressed, and the refresh button seems not to be doing anything either.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I export company data as .csv from Odoo, such that I can re-import that data in Odoo for a different database?

Unfortunately I cannot edit the OP question (403 forbidden) so I'll add here: all this happens with the default admin user, so probably it is not due to misconfiguration of user permissions (I hope?!)

sdbs_ml
on 9/26/16, 1:08 PM
sdbs_ml
On 9/27/16, 4:03 AM

Well, I don't really know what happened here - but eventually I just restarted the browser, logged in again, and then it worked; so I guess that is the answer for my case.

Divyang Jariwala
On 9/27/16, 2:31 AM

Hello sdbs_ml,

When you first create db with demo data. and then you create some dummy data for company.

In company form there is some relational fields coming from another objects.

Please ensure that while you are exporting you are not exporting this fields.

If you are exporting that fields then in production db (db without demo data) that does not have that relational fields data.

Many thanks, @DivyangJariwala - I also noticed that if there are some relational fields in the .csv, then the import process in Odoo complains with validation error messages; however, what was weird in the OP case, is that nothing ever got to validation error messages - as if the whole upload thing didn't work at all. I thought at first it is maybe a permission problem - but I ended up just restarting the browser and it helped.

sdbs_ml
on 9/27/16, 4:06 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/26/16, 1:04 PM
Seen: 304 times
Last updated: 9/27/16, 4:04 AM