Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Cannot close POS session, I need help! [Closed]

By
Branimir
on 3/21/13, 6:58 AM 3,063 views

The Question has been closed for reason: off-topic or not relevant

by
Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 04/07/2013 07:15:50

Hi, Since a few days we have set up OpenERP 7 in our store. We are using the POS module, but yesterday I couldn't close the session. It tells me

Constraint Error
Wrong credit or debit value in accounting entry !

I really need to solve this soon. The only thing I remember is that there was an order that somehow stayed in unpaid state (missing 1 cent) so I had to go through the POS backend and make payment of 0.01 to complete it. I don't know if it is connected to the error though.

I would appreciate any help

I had this problem after I returned and refunded a POS order. That functionality seems to be broken in v7. Could this possibly be your situation?

Kevin Shenk
on 3/26/13, 4:43 PM

Could be, I had a refund in this session. I had to restore the database from the previous day and lost everything from that day. I wasn't so bad cause there were just few orders, but yesterday was a busy day and now I have the same problem, oh boy I don't want to loose again all the day.

Branimir
on 3/28/13, 8:07 AM

Do you have a refund in this session?? The only workaround I found was to change the order state to 'New' and delete both the original order and the refund. I hate to suggest this as an 'answer' cause I don't know if it's even safe?? Here's how though: switch to developer mode and add <field name="state" attrs="{'readonly':0}"/> right after the <sheet> <group col="4" colspan="4"> tags in the POS order 'Edit FormView'. This will add an extra field where you can manually change the status of the order and delete it. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Kevin Shenk
on 3/28/13, 10:41 AM

It looks like yesterday there was a revision of account_order_invoice.py but I'm not really sure if it had anything to do with this problem or not: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/revision/8949

Kevin Shenk
on 3/28/13, 10:45 AM
AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 3/30/13, 11:21 AM

I succeeded to close the session deleting the orders with refund. Thanks for the help, it looks like 'returns' isn't working in V7. Waiting to be fixed since I'm not a developer.

Branimir
on 3/31/13, 11:33 AM

As of yesterday, openerp support team have solved the issue. They have modified the POS module, I believe.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 4/6/13, 10:50 AM

Really, I haven't seen any changes. Am I looking at the wrong places? I'm watching here: bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/changes

Kevin Shenk
on 4/6/13, 1:43 PM

r8972 point of sale

Josse Colpaert (jco)
on 4/6/13, 2:52 PM

What you could have done, is creating an invoice for the return,not validating it, closing entries and deleting it afterwards.

Josse Colpaert (jco)
on 4/6/13, 6:14 PM

I close as it looks to be a bug. Bugs should be reported on launchpad, not here.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 4/7/13, 7:16 AM

me also facing this problem, do anyone have solve this problem?

kim
on 10/27/13, 11:49 PM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 4/7/13, 7:15 AM

You should report this on launchpad as it seems to be a bug.

If you have an OpenERP Enterprise contract (if you use online it's included), just contact your support and they can fix quickly.

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/21/13, 6:58 AM
Seen: 3063 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM