Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

cannnot override terms with translation type code?

on 6/8/13, 8:00 AM 2,145 views

After trying to translate the "social network" module to my language, I realized that there were some terms that kept unchanged. And the common thing between these terms is the translation type "code". For example, the term "Compose a new message":

#. module: mail
#. openerp-web
#: code:addons/mail/static/src/xml/mail.xml:188
#, python-format
msgid "Compose a new message"
msgstr "Soạn thư mới"

Then I went through Settings -> Translations -> Application terms -> Translated terms, searched for "Compose a new message" and changed its translation type to "view", then the term has been translated and displayed on view. What are the differences between the translation types? And could it affect the system if I changed all "code"-typed terms into "view" for translation purpose?

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

On 6/8/13, 9:10 AM

Thanks for your quick answer. However, I tried the solution you provided, before asking, but it still doesn't work in my case until I changed the term's translation type to "view".

on 6/8/13, 1:48 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/8/13, 8:00 AM
Seen: 2145 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM