Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

canceling "journal items" in a posted "journal entry"

By
akram
on 11/23/13, 1:25 AM 5,055 views

Hi all, I have posted a journal entry but then realised that some items are improper. I want to somewhat delete these items from the posted journal entry. I dont want entire journal entry to be deleted, only 3 journal items out of total 6 items in a journal entry.

Thanks in advance.

Abhishek
On 11/23/13, 5:22 AM

Hi Akram,

The actual way of cancelling the Journal line items is applicable for only unposted journal entries, first unpost that journal entry and then remove that line items which u not want to be in your journal entry.

hope it will help. let me know if problem is somehow different then my solution.

thanks abhishek for reply. In openerp, i have validated an invoice then one journal entry is created and automatically posted. I want in one case this journal entry to be cancelled and in another case I just want to cancel journal items of this posted journal entry.

akram
on 11/23/13, 6:54 AM

Hi Akram, According to accounting standard whenever you approve a invoice it automatically created a posted entries as its become now an accounting stuffs, so over here you have to cancel your invoice journal entry will automatic cancel and for journal items .... whatever invoice line you have created in invoice screen it is only coming in the Journal entry's line items as per accounting standard. I suggest better cancel your invoice n remove the line item which u not want to be in journal items. For this you may use account_cancel module if you not using currently.

Abhishek
on 11/24/13, 4:57 AM

Thanks Abhishek for valuable comment. account_cancel module is doing the job for me.

akram
on 11/24/13, 10:49 AM

Anil R. Kesariya

--Anil R. Kesariya--
| 6 5 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Anil R. Kesariya--
ERP Consultant

Key Skill
-
Technical & Functional Expert
Anil R. Kesariya
On 11/24/13, 2:11 AM

Hello Akram,

For Cancelling Journal Entires you need to follow this steps.

1) Install account_cancel module if not installed. 2) After installation of this module in journal one boolean field will be appear of allow cancelling entries. check that boolean field for specific journal . It will allow to cancel the journal entries related to that journal. 3) In invoice there will be cancel button will appear Just cancel that invoice than journal entries related to that invoice will automatically will be cancelled.

hope this will help.

Regards, Anil R.K.(SerpentCS)

Thanks Anil for valuable comment. account_cancel module is doing the job for me.

akram
on 11/24/13, 10:48 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/23/13, 1:25 AM
Seen: 5055 times
Last updated: 5/27/15, 5:57 AM