Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can you work in an offline instance and backup to an online instance?

By
Mike Paulin
on 12/13/13, 5:13 PM 1,522 views

I want to work on my OpenERP instance on my laptop computer at home (no internet at home, thus not the option to connect to the online instance), and then when I get to the office, to be able to do a backup of my instance on the laptop and update to the online instance. How would this work if it is possible? Thanks

a.schenkels
On 12/15/13, 5:31 PM

Hi Mike,

There is no synchronisation available at this moment. You could do a backup of the live environment and restore it on the laptop. When you come back do the opposite. But this option only works if you're the only one working in OpenERP.

A other option is work with PostgreSQL replication tools. But I haven't heard of any success at this moment.

Regards, André Schenkels www.schenkels.nl

Thanks for your response. I only work on the accounting aspect. Other members work on different pieces, so the backup of the live instance and restoring would not work as I am not the only user. I will look into the PostgreSQL replication tools to see what that option is.

Mike Paulin
on 12/17/13, 4:21 PM
Joseph Andrade
On 8/1/15, 12:09 PM

Hi,

Is this still the same today? or is there a way now to work on your Odoo instance offline and then synhronize the changes when online?.

I look forward to your feedback.

Many thanks.

Hana88
On 10/7/16, 12:34 PM

Hi, 

You can try this module: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/base_synchro/

It is a good option to solving your problem.

Bes regards

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/13/13, 5:13 PM
Seen: 1522 times
Last updated: 10/7/16, 12:34 PM