This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I want to work on my OpenERP instance on my laptop computer at home (no internet at home, thus not the option to connect to the online instance), and then when I get to the office, to be able to do a backup of my instance on the laptop and update to the online instance. How would this work if it is possible? Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Mike,

There is no synchronisation available at this moment. You could do a backup of the live environment and restore it on the laptop. When you come back do the opposite. But this option only works if you're the only one working in OpenERP.

A other option is work with PostgreSQL replication tools. But I haven't heard of any success at this moment.

Regards, André Schenkels www.schenkels.nl

Discard
Author

Thanks for your response. I only work on the accounting aspect. Other members work on different pieces, so the backup of the live instance and restoring would not work as I am not the only user. I will look into the PostgreSQL replication tools to see what that option is.

Best Answer

Hi,

Is this still the same today? or is there a way now to work on your Odoo instance offline and then synhronize the changes when online?.

I look forward to your feedback.

Many thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

hi can i use odoo offline for practice without internet in home on my laptop.

is there any demo available

please reply 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, 

You can try this module: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/base_synchro/

It is a good option to solving your problem.

Bes regards

Discard