This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I know we can manually insert our assets and work the depreciation as needed, but I was wondering if there is any way we can configure it so that the relevant info can be pulled from the invoice of that specific asset. 

Discard
Author

Correct me if I am wrong, but what I understand from this is that if you get an invoice that has 3 products, your asset will only be 1 and it will be the subtotal menaing the sum of the cost pertaining to the 3 products?

Best Answer

You can, in supploer invoice line you have a field for asset category,model which gives all the relevant fields for the asset, select category and system will generate the asset at validation of invoice. Be aware that it will creata only one asset with the value of invoice line subtotal. I made a pt for this. Other thing is that you don't have arelation between invoice line and asset, if you cancel, set to draft, validate invoice it will duplicate your asset...it will not delete the first one created.

Discard

Partiaĺly true, if on the invoice line you have a product with quantity 3, it will generate one asset with value of all 3 products...if you have 3 lines in invoice...on 2 you assign an asset category you will have 2 assets.

Author

Excellent, thank you.

A fix for the quantity and cheching if asset exist when canceling a invoice i will propose soon, after some pr will be merged on assets application. See here how it should be https://github.com/odoo-romania/l10n-romania/blob/master/l10n_ro_asset/account_asset_invoice.py

Best Answer

You need A customization.

Discard