Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can you change an account from Regular to View after you closed a few fiscal periods?

By
Black
on 4/1/13, 8:44 AM 1,041 views

Let's say you want to start splitting the income per partner and you want to use the analytic accounts for that. Is it possible to create these accounts and update the main one to be of View type? This after you already have some income registered on the main account from the Charts of Accounts.

Thanks!

Maxime Chambreuil
On 4/1/13, 10:28 PM

A view account cannot have analytic entries.

You need to create a new account with type view and use it as the parent for the all the regular accounts. From the date you do the change, you will have the level of details you need.

If you want to have the same level of details before the date of the change, you will need to change every analytic entries.

Hello Maxime,

I was thinking to the same method of creating a new account and have it as parent for the old one + children other analytic accounts that I want. The problem is the code of the new one which I want to be the code of the old one (for fiscal reasons)...however I can not do that as renaming is not allowed either.

It is strange that it is not allowed to change the way you view your account. If initially you are not interested in some splitting and afterwords you are, then you need devs to work things out for you. I still cannot believe...looking for a clean alternative :)

Thanks!

Black
on 4/2/13, 5:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/1/13, 8:44 AM
Seen: 1041 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM