Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
On my sale order, I have two differents sale order lines.
One line with the route A and one line with de route B.
Those 2 routes are associated with two different picking types.
When I confirm the sale order, only one picking is created.
Can we create two different pickings for one sale order?
After the detailled answer from Nilim (thanks!), I have to specify some points.
My 2 routes are associated with two different picking types and two different locations in the same warehouse.
The method from Nilim needs some additional steps for the user.
When I go in the stock.move list view to modify the picking of one element, it doesn't take a new sequence number for this new picking.
May be we should make to different sale orders and after merge them in one invoice... But it still needs an additional and useless step.
Hi Pascal Tremblay,
W.r.t your query, I have gone through it and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations which I would like to suggest you based on your query are :-
1) Firstly,Picking in Odoo is basically a “Collection of moves”
2) Now having different Sale Order with different route is possible. This is because while creation/configuration of product we can select/define Routes as per our choice/requirement
3) As you said the two routes have different picking types hence in order to have two different pickings for one single Sales Order(containing several sale order line), every thing depends on the value selected in the field “Shipping Policy”. You can find this by following Sales>Sales>Quotation>Other Information.
4)The significance of “Shipping Policy” is that, if we select “Deliver each product when available” then we can have different pickings based on the availability of the products/Sales order lines.
Refer this screen shot:-http://prntscr.com/a1bjkl
For Eg. If we two have products P1 and P2,and out of these only one is available at present and the other one is unavailable. Then while checking availability in under Delivery Orders, we can see that one of the Products in the Sale Order lines is unavailable. Now as we have selected the option “Deliver each product when available”, hence we would be able to transfer the available product from the picking to the Partner. Here under STOCK MOVES you would be able to see that partial delivery of product(s)/Sale Order Lines have been done, as two stock moves would be generated for the same Sales Order. For one of the Stock move status would be in “DONE”(Product which is available) and for the unavailable product status would be in “Waiting Availability”(Product which is unavailable)
Refer this screen shot:- http://prntscr.com/a1bqn9
5) Now to have a different picking for the product which is currently unavailable(i.e. in status “Waiting Availability) we can just click on that particular Stock Move and edit the field Picking Type. Once editing the “Picking Type” and the clicking on Process Entirely the products “Picking Type” would be changed. You can view this by following Warehouse>Traceability>Stock Moves
Refer this screen shot:-http://prntscr.com/a1bt8e
Refer this screen shot:-http://prntscr.com/a1btze
6) If we select “Deliver all product at once” then all the products/Sales order Lines would be delivered once all products are available. There would not be the option for partial delivery of the products. Here we wont have the option to change picking type as per Sales Order Lines as all product would be delivered at one go.
Hope it helps!
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 2/9/16, 9:38 PM|
|Seen: 452 times|
|Last updated: 2/10/16, 7:45 AM|