Odoo Help

2 Answers
Jerome Guerriat Belgium
5/18/17, 10:52 AM

The proprietery license at https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/legal/licenses/licenses.html states:

"It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software."

So, no, you can't.
Adrien France
1/8/19, 10:46 AM

You are not supposed to modify the code of the module you purchased anyway (lets call it module A).

Here is my understanding :

1/ You need to make your modifications in a separate module (module B) that depends/inherits from module A.

2/ you can sell your module B... but the end user will need module A to use module B, so he will also need to purchase module A from the author of module A (which is not you obviously, as you are not allowed to distribute module A, as highlighted by odoo proprietary licence).

2 Comments
Niyas Raphy India
1/8/19, 10:53 AM

Already got enough information on the same and if you check the question date, you can see it is posted before a year, almost two year. already an answer is accepted

Adrien France
1/8/19, 10:57 AM

You are welcome sir, but :

1/ i bring an additionnal info in my answer

2/ the point of a forum is to give response to the community, not only to the person asking the question. As was asking myself the same question recently and this is what I came to understant after some research.

Ask a Question
Writer
Tags
Keep Informed
2 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now