This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Can we change warehouse module terminology without affecting the business logic of odoo?

meaning for example to change the words:

warehouse -》office

virtual location-》volume

drop shipping-》 job

stock-》 backyard

Etc.

Discard
Best Answer

Dear Hesham,

Your concept is the same as a translation

I think you can do such change, it would be via a translation file

Discard
Author

Thank you Tarek. I though about that, but if I can do without translation would be better; as I need the system to be in English and Arabic also. Hence, I would need to make a new langauge called for example, MyNewEnglish; and I do not know the impact of that!

it's not necessary to add new language, en->en translation should work. at least you can translate using developer mode (using "Technical translation") in browser. I think same should be possible to achieve using "en.po" translation file added to i18n folder of corresponding module. try this way (without adding new language). don't worry about impact, for untranslated terms actual sources will be displayed and they are in english anyway.

Best Answer

You can translate things using Odoo (Settings > Translations > Application terms > Translated terms). This way, changes will only affect the current database.

... or, you could create a module for the sole purpose of doing translations. You would chose your english version (eg en_UK - whatever), create the appropriate en_UK.po file, install the module and change your settings to use en_UK.

Discard