Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can the OpenERP tasks be integrated through the workflow module?

By
Paulo Lima
on 11/26/13, 5:39 AM 1,201 views

Is it possible to integrate the operations using OpenERP's workflow module?

Paulo Lima
On 12/3/13, 9:50 AM

Well, I asked the question and I'll answer it - yes! The question only reflected my complete lack ok knowledge about OpenERP at that time (sorry!).

OpenERP not only allows for orchestrating individual actions through workflow instances but also goes one step "higher" in conceptual terms, allowing end-user to visualise and modify end-to-end business processes.

Details in: Documentation / Table of Contents / OpenERP Documents / Process and Document Management / Process / WorkFlow and Process Management

AFAIK the process thing is just for documentary purpose, it does not really act upon interface, neitheir business logic. More over, strangely enough, task are not integrated into a workflow. State is managed by phase and is just a direct field. This seems a bit strange but I think this permits to have automated things while keeping code base and concepts simple enough.

Only phase have a real workflow.

I discovered that today while digging in OpenERP, you may proove me wrong.

Alex Garel
on 12/12/13, 9:29 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/26/13, 5:39 AM
Seen: 1201 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM