This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I just updated to a newer v7 version and since I am not able to upload my modules to the addon directory. I tried to upload them to the same directory I used to upload them when I was using the previous version (/home/ubuntu/mydir/openerp/addons) but modules are not appearing on my apps list (even after updating module list and restarting openerp) so I found out that when I start openerp I can check the addons path, and this is what I get:

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp-7.0_20140804_231303-py2.7.egg/openerp/addons

I tried uploading items there but its not possible. I am not familiar with .egg directories but I understand it is not possible to upload files there.

What can I do to be able to upload my module?

Any help will be appreciated

Discard
Best Answer

@Yakito: You are missing the point.  /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp-7.0_20140804_231303-py2.7.egg is a python egg.  See more info on what these are here: https://pythonhosted.org/setuptools/formats.html.  You might want to install differently.

Discard
Best Answer

.egg files are files, not directories. It can be compared with a compressed file, such as a tar- or zip archive. I think you need to take a serious look at your installation here. Furthermore, check what .egg files are and what they do (hint, it has a lot to do with python).

Default directory for the modules is something like /opt/odoo/addons.

[EDIT]

Also, if you have a configuration file then it does not even matter where you modules are, as long as you point to the directory in your configuration file.

Discard
Author

Thanks a lot Ludo! In my case I have a directory called openerp-7.0_20140804_231303-py2.7.egg and inside that I have the addons. The problem is that I can not upload files to that directory. The error is "no such file or directory" which is weird. I will follow your advise and create a configuration file to manually set the addons path. Also /opt/ is empty in my case