Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can't update report PDF sale quotation.

test mail
on 1/16/15, 5:47 AM 844 views

in openerp v7

I can't update the report PDF sale quotation, I open file /addons/sale/report/sale_order.rml but no change in pdf

I succeeded in updating the report PDF invoice, i open file /addons/account/report/account_print_invoice.rml

Can you help me ? How can we ensure that the file RML is the good one ?

Has the module base_report_designer by any chance installed in the database?

on 1/16/15, 6:00 AM
test mail
On 1/16/15, 8:16 AM

I found solution :

1.Open pgAdmin. check your report id in ir_act_report_xml.

2.Open a query.

SELECT id FROM ir_act_report_xml WHERE model = 'sale.order';

3.put the id (ir_act_report_xml.id) result into place of your_id

update ir_act_report_xml SET report_rml_content_data = NULL WHERE id = your_id;

4.Run and enjoy the rml edition. :-)

Jeff Beidler
On 1/16/15, 11:31 AM

Alternatively, you could create a module and make your changes in code.  In your XML file, override the view like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <template id="your_new_so_body" inherit_id="sale.report_saleorder_document">

Here's a link to module building instructions.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/16/15, 5:47 AM
Seen: 844 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM