Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can't install app without paying

By
David Benjamin
on 11/13/13, 6:44 PM 1,418 views

I had two users and then created a couple other test accounts. Now I can't one-click install without paying even if I remove the extra users and restart the server. Is there a way to force OpenERP to see the actual active users vs past created users that aren't in the system any more? I'm trialing this software and I can't demo apps to our president when it's prompting me to pay to do so...

Also, what's the process for installing an app using the command line?

Thank you

Did you created it on your own base? Or where did you do it?

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 11/13/13, 10:17 PM
Michael Watchorn
On 11/13/13, 11:36 PM

Once you have created more than three users you can still install modules by
1. Downloading them from apps.openerp.com (you need to check for dependancies and follow this process for those first if you don't already have them installed). Make sure you download the correct version (7.0)
2. Unzip the download and place the contents (a folder) in the addons folder server/openerp/addons.
3. Login as admin and go to settings you should see a menu item that says "Update modules list". If you don't see that, you may need to change your Access and enable Technical Settings so you see the "Update Modules List".
4. Update your module list.
5. Click on Installed Modules, and REMOVE the "installed" filter. You should now see your newly downloaded module in red, listed amongst the already installed modules.
6. Click on the module you want to install and then click on the "Install" button.
Your module should be ready to be used now. ( You may need to refresh your browser or even restart your OpenERP server depending on the module - I'm not sure)

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 11/14/13, 1:59 AM

The actual number of active users is checked once a week. If you wait for a few days, it should work again.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/13/13, 6:44 PM
Seen: 1418 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM