Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can't install any new module due to missing external ID

By
geert
on 9/17/13, 12:38 PM 928 views

I try to install some extra addons, but I get always the same error related to a missing external ID

File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_model.py", line 862, in _get_id raise ValueError('No such external ID currently defined in the system: %s.%s' % (module, xml_id)) ValueError: No such external ID currently defined in the system: stock.warehouse0

Some internet sources explained to update the sales module

after this, I tried to update the warehouse management module

but then I always get the following error :

AssertionError: The report "report.sale.order" already exists!

Does somebody know how I can get out of this problem? I have the fleet management module installed and heavily modified to be used as an aircraft fleet management module. I would not like to loose all these modifications, mainly re-assingnment of fields and modifications in the translations

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/17/13, 12:38 PM
Seen: 928 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM