This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

I have a booking system in Odoo 10 that should be sending emails for the clients but they are not leaving from Odoo. If I go to General Settings and there into the queue of "Failed emails", I can "Retry" and then "Send" and then it leaves and arrives to the client normally. But no message goes without failing first.

We had the main admin email ending with different domain than the domain alias, so we tried if changing that would change the matter but it made no difference either.

We are getting an Failure Reason like 

The action could not be performed due to security restrictions. Please contact the administration.

(Dokument type: Message, Operation: read) 
None
How could we debug this issue? We have tried to solve this issue for months already. If it doesn't get solved, there is no other solution than changing the ERP itself.

Discard

Hi are you retrying the send mails using the same user with who is supposed to send the mail?

The error says the user don't have access to read message, sending mails is related with discuss module

Author Best Answer

There has been no alert that there was an answer for this message, thus answering only now. 

I do not know what do you mean by "retrying to send mails using the same user with who is supposed to send the mail"?

There was a colleague who said that it's better we change the sender email to have the same domain than the erp's domain. So, we made another email address only for the purpose of sending emails from the erp. And the emails do leave, if I go and retry but otherwise they always fail. I do not change any email address when retrying, just click the button to retry and it goes. But I can't be there like 24 hour per day checking if I need to retry the email queue.

Of course, I'm really ready to stop using the whole Odoo at this point but there has been enormous effort otherwise put into the system, so I would be willing to give a chance for it. I had paid consultants also looking at it and the answer was basically that Odoo's system is problematic, and no solution. I could imagine anyhow that some of us are using it successfully, right? I try to think in a positive way and things should have a solution. :) 

Discard