Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can't find field 'move_id' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'account.invoice'

By
Truong
on 3/16/14, 12:54 AM 2,097 views

Dear,

I have an error when i sort fields on Supplier Invoice screen. This is my code:

"
   <field name="move_id" position="replace"/>
                <field name="name" position="after"> 
                     <field name="move_id"/>
                </field>
"

But i receive error: " View error

Can't find field 'move_id' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'account.invoice': * account.invoice.supplier.form * account.invoice.supplier.form

Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model "

Please help me solve this error.

Many Thanks,

Truong
On 3/17/14, 1:59 AM

Dear Ray Carner,

I want reorder field Move_id after Name filed to reasonable. So how can i fix my code?

Thanks,

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 3/16/14, 2:39 AM

move_id does not exist in any of the default tree views that display invoices.

The line:

<field name="move_id" position="replace"/>

is causing the error, because that line of your XML is instructing OpenERP to replace a field that isn't in the view in the first place.

The same information in move_id is already shown in the default view. It is the field with the heading Number

The lines:

<field name="name" position="after"> 
    <field name="move_id"/>
</field>

would be just duplicate the information from a field that is already shown!

Since you can already sort the number field, what are you trying to do that you can't do with that field?

Reposted as a comment (from Truong) Dear Ray Carner,

I want reorder field Move_id after Name filed to reasonable. So how can i fix my code?

Thanks,

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 3/17/14, 2:19 AM

I posted "move_id does not exist in any of the default tree views that display invoices." Replace and add the field NUMBER instead.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 3/17/14, 2:20 AM

Thanks Ray Carnes.

Truong
on 4/2/14, 1:08 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/16/14, 12:54 AM
Seen: 2097 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM