Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can't find Commitment Date in Sales Order

Hamid Darabi
on 7/11/16, 7:38 PM 230 views

I want to make commitments to clients while creating new sales orders. I need a date field in my sales order in which I could transfer the commitment date to manufacturing and inventory. There is an article I found that has the answer to my problem. It's about "configuring lead times"

At the bottom of the page there is a section titled "At sale order level" that mentions a "Commitment Date" field. I can't find this section in any module or setting.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 7/11/16, 11:13 PM

Assuming Odoo 9 Enterprise:

You need to install the module "Dates on Sales Order" (sale_order_dates). You will then be able to enter a 'Requested Date' in the "Other Information" tab of your quotations. The 'Commitment Date' is calculated automatically based on lead times and is the earliest you can commit to. The 'Effective Date' is also visible and also read-only. Read the tooltips of these 3 fields carefully to understand what each means.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/11/16, 7:38 PM
Seen: 230 times
Last updated: 7/12/16, 5:36 PM