Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can't edit the invoice number [ODOO 8.0]

Juan Muñoz
on 9/3/15, 7:52 AM 785 views

Hi all, 

I know i can edit the invoice number sequence in Settings / Sequences and  Identifiers, but is possible edit the invoice number in the same bill? 

Activating the developer mode I see that the invoice number fieldname is 'number' and the object is account.invoice. 

So I search around the 'account' module and i delete the readonly=True from account_invoice.py (only in number propierty) and the readonly=1 from account_invoice_view.xml (only in number propierty), but my server crashs and need to make a recovery server.

Anyone have any idea? Fing up to useful answer.

Thanks so much in advance! 

Anil R. Kesariya

--Anil R. Kesariya--
| 6 5 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Anil R. Kesariya--
ERP Consultant

Key Skill
Technical & Functional Expert
Anil R. Kesariya
On 9/3/15, 9:55 AM

HI Juan Muñoz,

The invoice number is auto generated number and which is read-only.

Its the standard process its not editable otherwise anyone can change the number to any and sequence may be different.

Just revert your changes in which you made in base module it will no affect to your current database.

If your current invoice made for wrong customer than just cancel it and reuse it for another customer it will use the same sequence as it is already generated.

Regarding change the sequence number for newly created invoice.

That you can update from settings under the sequence.

For Recovery : Just revert back the changes which made in base module and upgrade the account module.

If you are not able to upgrade module from screen than

Upgrade it from terminal by applying -d database and -u module_name.

Hope this will help.

On 9/3/15, 9:42 AM

actually i didnt understand your question, i will gave you two links to refer that you can make chances of your invoices http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/change-invoice-numbering-odoo-8/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/3/15, 7:52 AM
Seen: 785 times
Last updated: 9/4/15, 3:16 AM