Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can't connect to external database

By
Carlos DuAl
on 3/3/16, 7:01 AM 862 views

Hello,

I'm trying to connect Odoo with a Postgresql db that's located in another machine. I set the new database hostname (I have its endpoint), port, user and password in "openerp-server.conf", however, when I launch odoo.py I get  

2016-03-03 11:51:35,170 1284 INFO ? openerp: database hostname: localhost

2016-03-03 11:51:35,170 1284 INFO ? openerp: database port: 5432

If I lauch odoo with the database hostname and port arguments, it works fine, so I'm guessing odoo is not looking at the openerp-server.conf that I changed. 

in odoo/debian/init I have changed the CONFIG attribute and it points to the new openerp-server.config

Do I need to change anything else?

Thank you

Mira el siguiente enlace:

http://poncesoft.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/utilizar-un-servidor-independiente.html

Espero que te baya bien, recibe un cordial saludo.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/3/16, 7:01 AM
Seen: 862 times
Last updated: 3/3/16, 8:10 AM