Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can't connect to a remote PostgreSQL server

By
Juan
on 3/3/16, 4:37 AM 481 views

When I try to connect to a remote postgresql I get the error

"Is the server running on host "192.168.100.223 and accepting

TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

I set "listen_addresses='*' in postgresql.conf

In pg_hba.conf I have the line "host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5"

And the openerp-server.conf is configured with:

db_host=192.168.100.223

db_port=5432

What am I missing?

I'm using Odoo8 an Postgresql 9.3

Did you restart the PostgreSQL to use those changes? Check for a firewall in the PostgreSQL server that could be block the 5432 port. Check if that it's the IP address of the PostgreSQL server that the Odoo server see. Just a few notes about that

Axel Mendoza
on 3/4/16, 11:44 AM

Apreciado Juan,

Mira el siguiente enlace:

http://poncesoft.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/utilizar-un-servidor-independiente.html

Espero que te baya bien, recibe un cordial saludo.

Seguí justamente ese tutorial hasta llegar al punto final, donde me salta el error. Gracias, un saludo

Juan
on 3/3/16, 5:25 AM

Apreciado Juan, Están bien hermanados ambos servidores, es decir, ¿en el /etc/hosts tienes bien puestas la IP del otro servidor? Saludos cordiales

José Vallmitjana Llambias
on 3/3/16, 8:01 AM

This is an english forum, please respect the guidelines and use english.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/3/16, 8:33 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/3/16, 4:37 AM
Seen: 481 times
Last updated: 3/3/16, 5:05 AM