This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi!

I need to hide the Description column in Sales Quotation but when i do, i can no longer add a section/note.

Is there a way to solve this?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi:

The Section/Note is stored in the Description field. You will not be able to enter the section/note if the description field is not available on the screen.

If you describe the business requirement that's driving the need to hide the Description field, it may be possible to suggest alternatives.

Discard
Author

Hi Paresh! Thanks for your reply.

I actually needed to create the description field on the product itself, instead of the quotation. So the quotation reflects the description in the product and i don't want two description columns in the quotation, but i'd like to use both section and notes.

The Product, Section/Note appear on separate lines. You can make the Description field conditionally readonly if it's on a line with a Product Id.

Author

But if i add a section/note, i'll still have both description fields, right?

Can't i just add section/notes dependent on the new description?

Thanks for your help.

Hi: If you add a Note/Section, it gets stored in the Description field on that line. Each line will have only one description field that gets used to store either the product description or the note/section depending on whether the product field is populated on that line or not.

I didn't quite understand what you mean by "both description fields".

Author

Sorry i didn't explain very well. I needed to add a description field in product model window. Then, in sales quotes, i needed to add another description column relating to that particular field in products. So now i have two different description columns in sales quote, and i don't need the old one. So i need to remove the old description column but still be able to add section/notes. Is this possible?

It's probably possible but may involve a lot of customization to the core code to make the note/section use the new description field.

Also, you probably don't need to add a new field to the Product model window. In the "Sales" tab there is a field called "Sales Description" which you may be able to use for your requirement. You may need a minor customization that only the description is displayed in the screen/report. The default behavior is to concatenate the product name and the description and display it in the screen.