Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can't access to local field

By
José
on 1/8/15, 9:54 PM 693 views

Hello, I have Odoo8.

Sorry if my question is very simple, but I can't find my mistake.

In a model (sale.order), I have a related field:

acopiado_restante = fields.Float(digits=(8,2), related='pricelist_version_id.monto_acopiado_restante', string="Monto acopiado restante")

The field points to a computed field on model product.pricelist.version.

In a method of sale.order class, I need to use the value of field 'acopiado_restante', specifically in this method:

def onchange_pricelist_id(self, cr, uid, ids, pricelist_id, order_lines, context=None): ...

I try to access to the field using self.acopiado_restante, but I get the error 'sale.order don't have field _ids'.

What is the mistake and how can access to the field? Thanks!

@deep, I want to use the value of 'acopiado.restante' field, still need the _ids value?

José
on 1/9/15, 6:57 AM

@Ramanan, actually I have inherited the model that I want to use. If I do self.pool.get what record of the model I fetch?

José
on 1/9/15, 8:47 AM
Demirel yakito
On 1/9/15, 8:34 AM

you simply inherit model, which you want to use. then inside the method use self.env["your_model_name"] or self.pool.get, you inherit all fields which u want from that model.

deep

--deep--
| 5 4 7
Bengaluru, India
--deep--

Techno-Functional Associate with 6+ years of experience in Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP).

deep
On 1/9/15, 1:47 AM

I have a feeling, you are not aware of Onchange definition and its semantics, please learn those before proceeding

Onchange will work in both on saved and unsaved records...

In case of saved records you can use self to fetch data, in case of unsaved of records, self will not be available to be used since record is not saved, hence ids wont be there....

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/8/15, 9:54 PM
Seen: 693 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM