This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I have installed the eCommerce app and set it up. When I am logged in, I can view it and use it. But when I use a different browser or incognito tab, I get a Internal Server Error.

The logs show this error:

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/ir/ir_model.py", line 1201, in check
    raise AccessError(msg % msg_params)
odoo.exceptions.AccessError: ('Sorry, you are not allowed to access this document. Please contact your system administrator if you think this is an error.\n\n(Document model: website)', None)

I have since been logged out and cannot get back in to Odoo at all.

I am using Odoo 11 on Ubuntu 16.04.

Discard
Author

I have odoo installed using apt-get and update regularly from the nightly repository.

Please read and follow my answer. This has nothing to do with your Odoo installation, but most probably you have screwed up your website module.

By updating the module from command line (when you do not have any GUI access anymore) you set it back to standard.

Author

Hi, I have tried updating modules using the odoo command, (odoo.py is not on my system) and it hasn't worked. I then backed up my database, and created a new virtual machine and installed odoo from scratch using apt-get. Once it was running, I restored my database, and got the same error. The log file shows odoo.addons.base.ir.ir_model: Access Denied by ACLs for operation: read, uid: 4, model: website

and the final error is same as above.

So I assume the issue is in the database. Could you tell me where to look?

Best Answer

Try to update the website module from the command line. You may check the docs about the Odoo CLI: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/11.0/reference/cmdline.html

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi, the reason I am sharing my install is because there is no odoo.py on my system. 

Discard