Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can't able to select product(using portal management)

By
charlesraj
on 5/9/13, 9:04 AM 1,075 views

hi. I create a customer he has the right to make order for sale and saving it .now on login as the customer but i cant't able to select the product..

The error message shown as "Requested operation cannot be completed please contact your administrator

(Document type: Product, Operation: read)"

And i want to know how to create a menu for showing the product name only. how can in solve this ?

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 5/9/13, 10:08 AM

It looks like the user you made does not have the right to select products. According to the errormessage, he needs to have read access.

The solution would be to assign him to the group User after Sale.

If somehow the user is in that group, you have to check if the sale-user group does have rights to read the product-table (Settings -> Security -> Access Control Lists, Search for object product, in the small list look for 'Sales / User: Own Leads Only' to have a tick in the column Read Access).

yes i already give the tick mark to read field for ( "sales/sees own lead_dealer" ). But the same error will be displayed . Any other way to solve this.

charlesraj
on 5/9/13, 10:24 AM

Hi Patrick, have the same problem. Created a customer, he can access through portal management. I gave access to make sale order. But he click on the product, above error shows. I think, through portal system only customer can read datas not the access to create. Is there any way to solve it?

Remya
on 5/10/13, 1:55 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/9/13, 9:04 AM
Seen: 1075 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM