Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can someone explain the full procedure to configure incoming mail?

By
dfor mer
on 9/24/13, 1:34 PM 9,357 views

I have searched high and low for any documentation, help, tutorial, etc on the net and can find nothing DETAILED on how to properly configure incoming mail. I have tried everything to no avail and I still keep getting the dreaded:

"Create an appropriate mail.alias or force the destination model." % (email_from, email_to, message_id)

message. Could someone give a DETAILED explanation of how to correct this problem. I have the catch-all account configured and the aliases all configured but nothing works. I'm sure its me who is doing something wrong but without documetation its impssible to figure out.

Also, I ask that you not answer if all you are going to do is provide a link to another post or say the answer is in the error message.

Thanks

Acespritech

--Acespritech--
| 3 2 6
India
--Acespritech--

Having 8+ years of OpenERP Experience. We are Specialized in OpenERP/CRM Solutions, software development, Web development, E commerce solutions & other open source solutions.

Email : info@acespritech.com

Acespritech
On 9/25/13, 3:59 AM

Hi,

You can configure your mail server with two server type.

[1] POP server:

server name : pop.gmail.com
port : 995
User Name : youremailid@gmail.com
Password : your gmail password
SSL/TLS : yes

[2] IMAP server:

server name : imap.gmail.com
port : 993
User Name : youremailid@gmail.com
Password : your gmail password
SSL/TLS : yes

Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails:

Create a New Record = crm.lead ["define the object name from where you want to this email"]

Now click on the "Fetch Now" button.

Thanks,
Acespritech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
www.acespritech.com
Mail: info@acespritech.com
Blogs: http://acespritechblog.wordpress.com

Finally!!! an answer that works! Thank you soo much.

dfor mer
on 9/26/13, 4:28 AM

can this procedure send mails with openerp installed locally on my system?

Utoro Princewill
on 10/22/13, 2:19 PM

Yes you can send mails with this server configuration from OpenERP.

Acespritech
on 10/23/13, 6:55 AM
sengottuvel
On 7/21/14, 9:50 AM

Hi Team,

I followed your answer. But where i can see my incoming mails. My requirement is i have a account in googel gmail and I want receive the mail in OpenERP itself as like a mail client. How can i achive this..Kindly help me..Thanks in advance

Krupesh Laiya
On 10/12/13, 7:28 AM

Go to Setting> General setting see configuring outgoing mail

Description : your name SMTP server : pop.gmail.com debugging : True SMTP Port : 465 Connection security : SSL/TLS Username : your user name fo gmail Password: password of your account

and save the info.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

5 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/24/13, 1:34 PM
Seen: 9357 times
Last updated: 5/25/16, 3:25 AM