Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can someone explain the documentation for multiple warehouses and shipping in v7?

By
Sean Samborski
on 2/9/14, 4:56 PM 1,319 views

From reading the documentation, it sounds like OpenERP is able to handle multiple warehouses, each having different stock, and each shipping to different places. The documentation makes it sound as if the sales order process and delivery order process will determine the closest warehouse to the customer and pull stock from that location. Of course, I could be reading this incorrectly and this may be a manual process.

So I will explain my scenario and hopefully someone will be able to explain the process I need or should be following.

1) I have two warehouses (Dallas and Atlanta) and a different staff for each warehouse. I was thinking the process from OpenERP when creating a delivery order would be to check the customer address and try to pull stock from that location if there is stock available, the other location if there is none available at the nearest location. Is this correct so far?

2) When an order must be split between locations, what happens? I.e. I have 10 Product X in Dallas and 10 Product Y in Atlanta. A sales order is created for 10 Product X and 10 Product Y. I need to ship each from each warehouse. So far, I have seen only one delivery order created and this seems like it should create two delivery orders. The reason, one warehouse has no control over the actions of the other. So if one warehouse process the delivery order and sends the product they need, the other warehouse will have idea they have to fulfill anything because the other warehouse closed the delivery order when they were finished. This problem would be solved by two delivery orders unless I am missing a part of the process I'm supposed to be following.

Right now, all the sales orders are created via OpenERP and not any kind of external portal. Is there a process we're supposed to be following to get this type of multiple warehouse setup?

EDIT: The other thing I'm confused about is the same products in different warehouse, tracked by different serials. If I have 10 Product X in Dallas and 10 Product Y in Atlanta, how does this affect the process as well?

Sean Samborski
On 2/18/14, 4:31 PM

Anyone? I think this is already in the documentation but I can't get it to work. Does this link in with Shops for some reason?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/9/14, 4:56 PM
Seen: 1319 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM