This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Can OpenERP print forms for taking inventory?

Given that OpenERP has the list of all products, is there a way to print some paperwork that can be used by people who go around actually counting inventory? I imagine each line would have a part number, and decription, and empty boxes where a quanity can be written down. These filled out reports would be used by those who enter the inventory into the system.

Where can I find a description of the process of taking inventory when OpenERP is involved?

Discard
Best Answer

https://doc.openerp.com/book/5/5_14_Stock/5_14_Stock_inv/#initial-inventory

The print menu at the top of the Physical Inventories screen creates a report.

Discard
Author

If you assume the very beginning of an OpenERP installation then there are no inventories posted yet and the print menu is absent. Once at least one inventory has been entered then the report you are referring to can be printed to visualize what was entered. I'm talking about forms that would be filled out (with a pen and a clipboard) prior to, and used as an aid to, entering the data of an inventory.

If you read the section of the documentation that I shared, you would see that it is possible to have OpenERP generate an 'empty' inventory report. That is, one with zero quantity for every item in the system.

Ray Carnes refers that is possible to load a list with "zero quantity for every item in the system". I cannot do that. When I fill inventory using the button "Fill Inventory", the system is loading the products with positive and negative quantities on the system and not the "zero quantity". How can I do that? I need to load all products on the system.