Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can OpenERP Print Barcoded Labes at Confirmation and For Manufacturing Orders?

on 5/2/14, 2:55 PM 1,748 views

We have a product that we produce (let's call it ITEM123) and place in boxes. Each box gets an identifying label that shows the lot date of production (Example LOT: 20140502 for May 2, 2014). After a certain number of boxes are made they are placed on a pallet. A full pallet for example may be 40 boxes. The pallet then would get shrink wrapped and would need a label applied to it for inventory tracking which would contain a unique pallet number (or serial number). In this case the user would confirm production of quantity 40 of ITEM123. I need a label to print automatically at the time they confirm production that would look similar to this:

Pallet Label Sample
QTY: 40

I would like to pre-print the labels that should be applied to the boxes based off a manufacturing order. The user would print the labels for ITEM123 based on the order and the LOT would be generated at that time and printed on the labels along with some additional product details:

Individual Box Label Sample
NAME: Our Cool Product
Description: A nice description
UPC: 123456-09485
LOT: 20140502

Is this something that OpenERP can handle?

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 6/21/14, 12:22 PM

One can customize and add labels upon the completion of the manufacturing orders.

We just did a generic label printing dynamically : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fps5FWfcLwo

The combination of the video and right logic will end up well in solution.

Hi SerpentCS, I am trying your module server-env-tools/label from launchpad, but it has several issues, like the negative margins in label_simple, or 90 degrees rotated labels... Is that one your last version? How can I report issues and/or fixes ? Regards, -Mario

Mario Arias Badila
on 8/12/14, 11:20 AM
John Pia Jr
On 6/20/14, 8:08 PM

I also need to do this. Can this be done ??

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 5/2/14, 2:55 PM
Seen: 1748 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM