This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi Guys!!!

Can Odoo works with 2.5 million products and if yes!!

What would be the server configuration and how much RAM should we assign to POSTGRES to work effectively without giving any hassales??

Earlier answer would be highly appreciated!!

Discard
Author

Thanks bole!! has indeed cleared so many doubts!!

Best Answer

2.5 mil of products should not be any problem.. 
i would put it on not rsource rich server even for production.. 

real question is how many users will be on that server... more concurent users will produce higer load on server...
not the ammount of products...

(unless you realy want/need ) to show all of them in tree view (default is to show 80 products per page)

Discard

Yes I am agree with Bole product quantity does't matter

Author

Thanks Bole!! There will be 200+ concurrent users are there on the systems! Another query would be: what would the the configuration for postgres, because when I select any product based on its index ' Start wid a' Definitely , load would increase and would crash server, Since it has to search all product starts wid a and index them in database.

OK, you are underestimating the power of postgres :) this could becaome a debate on configuring, code writing etc.. but, to keep it in context of this question... i will say that postgres is not realy worried if you select a product beginig with a',, i thing ( not 100% percent sure) that it starts to search after 2 or 3 letters entered ( not on first one..) Also.. i was testing on virtualbox (512MB ram, 1 core) with some 100k products, and it worked flowsless... the other question is, if there will be 200 concurent users, what are all of them doing.. are they working under same role (eq.Sales) and do tehy all need to work on same models... Aftere that.. next question is , and this will be a major issue: CODING.. to evaluate.. if you make lots of browses and writes in loos, that will be a lot of work for good old postgres, so.. i would suggest few things: 1. always think when you write code, newer browse or self.pool.get inside loops if it is not apsolutly neccesary, 2. always do testing on low resource machines... (if it works with low resources, it will work better on resource rich envirnment, and defintivly will not do the other way arround).... .i hope this comment will help you in the way of looking on coding and server environment :)