Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can not run OpenERP 7.0 on Windows 8

Tarif Ezaz
on 9/4/14, 1:50 PM 1,446 views

I have successfully installed OpenERP 7.0 on my Windows 8. But when I run the openerp-server, I get an error message saying, "Errno 10013, An attemp was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions". I tried to google to find the answer, I run the program as administrator, but it did not run and showed the same result. I also tried to turn off the firewall, but same problem occured again. Is there anything I shoul do?

I have made the allinone installation.

Some help would be appreciated.

Zarif Haque
On 9/22/14, 10:16 AM

Which Anti Virus software do you use? Im ran both 7 and 8 on windows 8.1. Might be the antivirus software that you are using. Try disabling and trying, if it doesnt work reply back again.

Tarif Ezaz
On 9/4/14, 10:41 PM

Thanks for your kind reply.

I tried to change the port number from 8069 to some other number like 9069, 8070. But in these cases, the server simply does not get started. No error message is shown either. What should I do?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/4/14, 1:50 PM
Seen: 1446 times
Last updated: 3/27/15, 6:38 PM