Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can not install Expense tracker.

By
Artur
on 3/9/15, 8:03 AM 754 views

Hello all,

I'm trying to install expense tracker to add my expenses to Odoo, I've found this module Expense Tracker, witch should do the job. But when I'm trying to install it I get this error: 

ParseError: "External ID not found in the system: product.product_category_all" while parsing /opt/odoo/addons/hr_expense/hr_expense_data.xml:16, near <record id="cat_expense" model="product.category"> <field name="parent_id" ref="product.product_category_all"/> <field name="name">Expenses</field> </record>

Can anybody suggest how to fix this?

Thank you,

Ahmed M.Elmubarak

--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--
| 5 3 5
Sudan
--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
On 3/9/15, 8:51 AM

Hi,

check the Id is already in your database 'make sure you have Technical Features in your access rights'

go to Settings->Technical->Sequences & Identifiers->External Identifiers. then search for product_category_all

Artur
On 3/9/15, 9:04 AM

Ahmed, thank you for your reply,

Because of lack of carma, I can't comment on your answer, but no, there's no such entry.

Strange ! I'll suppose it has been deleted manually ... just create a new one with these data: Module: product Model name: product.category External Identifier: product_category_all then try to install the module

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
on 3/9/15, 9:22 AM

Hey, did it, but still the same error is comming up. Signed out and signed in again, also resarted odoo server... But the problem persists. Any idea why?

Artur
on 3/9/15, 10:40 AM

Hey, kindly check the products category is 'All' category exists ? ... any way try to make a new database then just install Expense Tracker [ hr_expense ] just to make sure this is not a manually error and see what will happen ....

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
on 3/9/15, 12:30 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/9/15, 8:03 AM
Seen: 754 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM