Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I use the same chart of accounts for all companies?

By
Udari
on 3/19/14, 12:43 AM 1,537 views

I have created 6 companies with parent child relationships. For the parent company I created a chart of accounts. How can I use the same chart of accounts with the same account code for child companies? What are the configurations that I should make? Or else do I need to create different chart of accounts for different companies?

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 3/19/14, 8:04 AM

Hi;

Yes you can use the same chart of accounts, all you have to do is to keep unchecked the "This company has its own chart of accounts " for the childs companies.

same chart of accounts

You should consider the above response as incorrecte.

Try to read this and this.

to do this , what are the pre requisites? eg: should i create new accounts for children?

Udari
on 3/21/14, 12:55 AM

You should consider the above response as incorrecte.

Med Said BARA
on 3/21/14, 1:54 PM

Thanks a lot

Udari
on 3/24/14, 12:16 AM

Is it possible to make transaction in company if we do not select "This company has its own chart of account"?.

samba
on 9/4/14, 7:35 AM
samba
On 8/1/14, 2:01 AM

Is it possible to make transaction in company if we do not  select "This company has its own chart of account"?. Is it possible to use parent company accounting settings to child company? in version 7.0

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/19/14, 12:43 AM
Seen: 1537 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM