This question has been flagged

I've created a sale for event registrations in order to give an event ticket discount. However, I'd like to offer the cheaper tickets to my customers first so I want them to use a promo code, like you can do in the shop.

The problem is that the input field for a promo code is only visible if you first proceed as follows: You register for the event, and then you go backwards in the shopping menu (Review Order > Shipping and Billing > Payment > Confirmation) from Shipping and Billing to Review Order. When registrating to an event, you normally never come to the Review Order page, but only there you can use the promo code for event registration.

So my question is if there's an easier way to do this? It's not very intuitive to go backwards in the shopping process.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Johanna, 

I was wondering the same thing. It seems that Odoo hasn't found a fix for this problem since your post. 
We would use the discount of tickets for students that get reduced pricing for events.

Like you mention, the problem is that event ticket buyers land directly on 'Address' (in Odoo 16), and have to select the basket or click on 'Review Order' before they can fill in their discount code. 

It would be great if we could change something to make sure they land on 'Review Order' instead of 'Address.

Discard