Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

can I start res.partner.pkey from a given number

Jan Pompe
on 9/23/13, 11:53 AM 2,079 views

Version: V7.0

Module developer:

Server details: CentOS 6

I searched with keywords: start res.partner.pkey

I did this before I got an error: I did an import from MS Access via ODBC to the res.partner table. This works fine, all data is visible but when I want to create a new partner from OpenERP I get an error (of course). I can accept this error (in my case 703 times) as a workaround, but maybe there is an other option ☺?

The error I get: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "res_partner_pkey" DETAIL: Key (id)=(30) already exists.

What do I want: Is there a method or place like the invoice starting number to set the res.partner.pkey ?

My descriptive question:

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 9/23/13, 1:12 PM

You can do this:

ALTER SEQUENCE res_partner_id_seq RESTART WITH number;

ALTER SEQUENCE res_partner_id_seq RESTART WITH 500;

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 9/23/13, 11:53 AM
Seen: 2079 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM