This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Can I set a Confirmed Purchase Order back to Draft State?

We usually need to make changes to POs and find it impossible to reset them back to draft.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Mars,

If the Purchase Order has been simply confirmed,while the Invoice and Products related to that Purchase Order has not been received/confirmed yet, then the Purchase Order can definitely be canceled.

For Eg. If I have created a Purchase Order order PO1 and after adding Supplier name and item which is required to be purchased, I just confirm my Purchase Order. Here the purchase order can be canceled. But If I go and click on “Receive Product” or Receive Invoice” and confirm any of these two then I wont be to cancel the Purchase Order. If I want to do so then I would be required to first canceled all the received products or invoices, post this I would be able to cancel the Purchase orders.

Hopes this helps

Cheers!

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Mars,

Yes it can be canceled if it is only confirmed  but if the invoice is maid and it is paid than you cant reset it to draft

Thanks

Discard
Author

Thanks. No the invoice and warehouse in have not been made or confirmed. The Purchase Order has simply been confirmed. Can it still be reset to draft?