Help

Can i sell Odoo 9 community edition as SaaS?

I am opening a company, me and i my team developed some apps in order to create an administrative tool to be used on health care. But i have certain doubts. For example, if i download the community edition, i install those health apps,  and install the app on a server, can i charge to that company monthly? Do i have to pay license in order to do that? Can i use Odoo 9 community edition as a framework?

4 Comments
Discard
Noel Jesús Rivero
-

Sorry there are some errors on my previous description, this is the correct one.

Let's assume the bellow example:

I am opening a company, me and i my team developed some apps in order to create an administrative tool to be used on health care. But i have certain doubts. For example, if i download the community edition, i install those health apps, and install the app on a server, can i charge it to a company on a monthly basis? Do i have to pay license in order to do that? Can i use Odoo 9 community edition as a framework?

Noel Jesús Rivero
-

Thanks a lot @Ermin Trevisan, since i have not enough Karma to comment, i had to post an answer.

Ermin Trevisan
-

Fortunately I have enough Karma to convert your answer to a comment ;-)

Noel Jesús Rivero
-

Yeii, somhow, now i can add comments.

1 Answer
Ermin Trevisan
Best Answer

Yes, you can. This includes all modules, which are under LGPL-3 or AGPL-3 license, but not the modules under Odoo Enterprise license.

1 Comment
Discard
Noel Jesús Rivero
-

Thanks for the answer!!!