Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can i sell Odoo 9 community edition as SaaS?

By
Noel Jesús Rivero
on 6/15/16, 4:00 PM 687 views

I am opening a company, me and i my team developed some apps in order to create an administrative tool to be used on health care. But i have certain doubts. For example, if i download the community edition, i install those health apps,  and install the app on a server, can i charge to that company monthly? Do i have to pay license in order to do that? Can i use Odoo 9 community edition as a framework?

Sorry there are some errors on my previous description, this is the correct one.

Let's assume the bellow example:

I am opening a company, me and i my team developed some apps in order to create an administrative tool to be used on health care. But i have certain doubts. For example, if i download the community edition, i install those health apps, and install the app on a server, can i charge it to a company on a monthly basis? Do i have to pay license in order to do that? Can i use Odoo 9 community edition as a framework?

Noel Jesús Rivero
on 6/15/16, 4:56 PM

Thanks a lot @Ermin Trevisan, since i have not enough Karma to comment, i had to post an answer.

Noel Jesús Rivero
on 6/17/16, 7:29 PM

Fortunately I have enough Karma to convert your answer to a comment ;-)

Ermin Trevisan
on 6/20/16, 5:35 AM

Yeii, somhow, now i can add comments.

Noel Jesús Rivero
on 6/20/16, 10:34 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 6/16/16, 2:38 AM

Yes, you can. This includes all modules, which are under LGPL-3 or AGPL-3 license, but not the modules under Odoo Enterprise license.

Thanks for the answer!!!

Noel Jesús Rivero
on 6/20/16, 10:35 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/15/16, 4:00 PM
Seen: 687 times
Last updated: 6/20/16, 5:34 AM