This question has been flagged
3 Replies
Author Best Answer

Yes, but keep in mind:

The AGPL license does not forbid requiring payment for the distribution of AGPL covered software, however the full terms of the License continue to apply, which means that you must provide the source code along with the software, and that anyone who receives it may freely modify or redistribute it under the terms of the AGPL. For example, you cannot ask people who receive your modules not to re-distribute it, they may do so freely. 

Note: Keep in mind that selling copies of an Odoo Module is distribution, so this is not compatible with the "Private Use" exception granted by Odoo Enterprise.  Any modules written as '"Private Use"cannot be distributed.

In other words, since any module is a derivative work of an AGPL software product, the AGPL license applies to all modules - so the first person to buy your module can legally distribute it to anyone else - and you cannot legally prohibit this.

If you encounter any company selling Odoo modules, be sure they respect the license and understand this.  Companies that sell 'support'and 'services' related to modules are more successful that thoes that sell modules.

Discard
Best Answer

Yes, you can create a Module and sell it on the Odoo store as well as on your website also. 

but the careful price on your website should not lower than the Odoo store module. 

also there are multiple opensource licence are there.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

is it possible to write modules for Odoo and keep the source code private?

For example:

I have a contract with a company to create a module for them as a freelancer.

In our contract we agree, the module is sold by me (the developer) to my customer. Hence my customer gets all the rights to sell and distribute the Odoo module i created and keep the source code private.

Discard