Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I run "POSBOXLESS MODE" on Mac OS X?

By
Ismael
on 8/10/14, 8:28 AM 1,234 views

I manage to print out the "PosBox Status" ticket with correct IP data.
But, POS doesn't see the printer, which is ridiculous when it has printed the ticket one minute before.

This is the weird error I am getting:

2014-08-10 12:14:22,688 50368 INFO ? openerp.addons.hw_escpos.controllers.main: connected : Connected to Epson TM-T20
2014-08-10 12:14:22,694 50368 INFO ? openerp.addons.hw_escpos.controllers.main: error : [Errno None] Configuration not set
2014-08-10 12:14:22,694 50368 ERROR ? openerp.addons.hw_escpos.controllers.main: ESC/POS Error: [Errno None] Configuration not set

... as you may notice, the printer is properly recognized, but without Configuration ?

Just one comment aside. 
I had to "import platform" module, and modify "main.py" under hw_escpos to corretly retrieview the local IP of my Mac, as "ifconfig" throws slightly different results:

def print_status(self,eprint):
        localips = ['0.0.0.0','127.0.0.1','127.0.1.1']
        if platform.system() == 'Darwin':
            ips =  [ c.split(' ')[1].split(' ')[0] for c in commands.getoutput("/sbin/ifconfig").split('\n') if 'inet ' in c ]
        else:
            ips =  [ c.split(':')[1].split(' ')[0] for c in commands.getoutput("/sbin/ifconfig").split('\n') if 'inet addr' in c ]
        ips =  [ ip for ip in ips if ip not in localips ]

... (rest of the code) ...

Am I missing something?

Ismael
On 10/11/14, 1:40 PM

I have finally found the answer myself :-)

YES !!

We only need to install the necessary Python module:

I use macports to solve dependencies:
sudo port install py27-pyusb-devel

and

Use macport to install pip:
sudo pip install qrcode

That's all you need

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/10/14, 8:28 AM
Seen: 1234 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM