Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I restrict the Openerp 7 application access to only assigned machines?

By
Remya
on 1/4/14, 12:37 AM 743 views

I want to host a web based OpenERP application in a VPS Ubuntu 12.04 OS application. Can I restrict the application access to only assigned machines? In other words, I have 2 offices, and I need to restrict my employees from accessing this application only from office but not from their home or outside due to prevent losage of my customer data.

I think host-deny and host-allow might be able to help me. But I think we need static ip for the same. I am not sure above solution. Basically I was looking for a solution without using static ip.

Please help

senthil
On 1/4/14, 12:58 AM

Use apache mod-wsgi to process request for 8069 to 80.

In Apache config you can restrict allow deny hosts.

But without static ip its impossible. May be you can read machine's MAC and validate based on it, but its not a reliable solution.

Hi Senthil, Did you mean this path for adding the host ip : /etc/hosts.allow , /etc/hosts.deny?

Remya
on 1/4/14, 1:39 AM

Yes you can allow or deny hosts using that and also you can restrict in ur apache configuration file

senthil
on 1/4/14, 1:49 AM

Where is apache configuration file?

Remya
on 1/4/14, 1:55 AM

/etc/apache2/sites-available/default see here http://pastebin.com/LTYvWrQS

senthil
on 1/4/14, 2:06 AM

I got all things, but still i have a confusion that How i add values in apache config file? What are the values i want to add?

Remya
on 1/4/14, 4:21 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/4/14, 12:37 AM
Seen: 743 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM