Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I remove template user from contacts?

on 6/24/13, 5:32 PM 2,049 views

For some reason every user sees the template user in contacts app - I do not know, why it is there, but is it a problem to simple delete this template user? Or is there a way to make it invisible to other users?

| 6 7 8

On 6/24/13, 11:04 PM

as far as I know you wouldn't or can't delete users, contacts, products, etc... I think this is due to potentially having many other things in a system that depend on such 'objects' being there. The common way to get them out of your way would be to deactivate these. Like this all dependencies are still met, but they disappear from the durface. There is field which says 'active' which has to be unmarked in order to do so.

I wouldn't test that with anything you still need though because I think might be hard to find such inactive objects back again. I guess you might even have to crawl directly into the database to change the 'active' field of such an object from 'FALSE' back to 'TRUE' again.

hmm, I am not sure if I understand you right - I need to edit the database directly to remove an item? I just do not want the template user to show up in the address book.

on 6/25/13, 10:32 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/24/13, 5:32 PM
Seen: 2049 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM