Odoo Help

Can I export/Import just settings?

By
Nicholas Burdick
on 12/8/14, 6:20 PM 1,358 views

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way or a module that allows you to export/import just the settings from and Odoo instance.  PLEASE NOTE: I DON'T want to export the database, I know that I can do that.  What I really want to do is export just the configuration of my set-up, which ideally would include which modules are installed, which configuration options are checked, etc.  I'm looking for something similar to how Wordpress allows you to export settings and not data.  I suspect there is not a way, but I thought I'd ask.

For those interested, the rationale for doing this and not exporting the whole DB would be so that I could create test/staging/development server copies, but without dealing in the production data and then being able to save the configuration.

Thanks,

Nick

Vladimir Knobel
On 10/1/16, 5:09 PM

Would this be an option?

http://www.serpentcs.com/serpentcs-openerp-base-module-record-create-demo-data-xml-yml

Daniel Blanco
On 3/4/15, 11:41 PM

I suggest you to try.. duplicate the database, and then trucate every table except ir_*. Then try to start Odoo with this modified database. Maybe there were more tables contents needed, but I think it's a good point to start, but could depends on how each module has mixed data with models and configs.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/8/14, 6:20 PM
Seen: 1358 times
Last updated: 6/6/17, 3:24 PM