Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I export/Import just settings?

By
Nicholas Burdick
on 12/8/14, 6:20 PM 925 views

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way or a module that allows you to export/import just the settings from and Odoo instance.  PLEASE NOTE: I DON'T want to export the database, I know that I can do that.  What I really want to do is export just the configuration of my set-up, which ideally would include which modules are installed, which configuration options are checked, etc.  I'm looking for something similar to how Wordpress allows you to export settings and not data.  I suspect there is not a way, but I thought I'd ask.

For those interested, the rationale for doing this and not exporting the whole DB would be so that I could create test/staging/development server copies, but without dealing in the production data and then being able to save the configuration.

Thanks,

Nick

Vladimir Knobel
On 10/1/16, 5:09 PM

Would this be an option?

http://www.serpentcs.com/serpentcs-openerp-base-module-record-create-demo-data-xml-yml

Daniel Blanco
On 3/4/15, 11:41 PM

I suggest you to try.. duplicate the database, and then trucate every table except ir_*. Then try to start Odoo with this modified database. Maybe there were more tables contents needed, but I think it's a good point to start, but could depends on how each module has mixed data with models and configs.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/8/14, 6:20 PM
Seen: 925 times
Last updated: 10/1/16, 5:10 PM