This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Can I modify code for my instance under the SaaS schema?

I am interested in modifying reports.

If not. How much is the cost per hour in case you do the modifications I need?

Thank you Best regards

Discard

is this still holds with Odoo and its interesting pricing scheme ?

Best Answer

The SaaS offer do not allow custom code whether it's developed by you or by OpenERP SA.

At 35€/user and per month, we can not take the risk to integrate custom modules. If we take just one day to upgrade a customer to a future version, we already loose all our margins. So, the SaaS offer only rely on standard modules, for which we are sure they are developed and maintained efficiently.

Discard

I'm not shure just making / changing report could be considered as new module. Lot's of report aren't completly translated.. Think modifing report should be in the standard offer ? even in Saas ?

Yes, there is a way to change reports, views and workflows as it's possible to do that as a customization rather than a specific development.

Best Answer

The point is: "keep it simple (for the maintainer) and easy control, right?"

Discard
Best Answer

Since you can't access the filesystem on the SaaS platform, the only way you "could" make customizations is to use the Report Designer (OpenOffice plugin, unless OpenERP allows you to access your SaaS instance via webservices).

You can still change header/footer of reports by using the Header/Footer tab on the company form.

Discard