Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I deploy Odoov8 on Heroku or OpenShift?

By
陳百範
on 9/23/14, 4:28 AM 3,415 views

Can I deploy Odoov8 on Heroku or OpenShift?

@陳百範, I do not see any reason why not, you would just need to setup the necessary containers for handling postgresql, filesystem, python, and other dependencies.

Luke Branch
on 9/23/14, 4:32 AM
Hussainar
On 10/13/15, 5:41 AM

You can deploy odoo v8 on Openshift by using the below link

https://github.com/amon-ra/openshift-odoo-quickstart

Nice integration!, the same principle can be used to deploy Odoo on Heroku. It must be noted that this deployment method is limited to work with a single database, the one provisioned by OpenShift.

Marvin Taboada
on 10/13/15, 12:07 PM
陳百範
On 9/23/14, 4:38 AM

I can intall Odoov8 in Openshift, but in runtime, the Odoo v8 will need to access file system to create some files at run time.

The file system in Openshift is differnt than normal VM machine(s); in turn, Odoo v8 will fail to run and got some errors.

It seems like people need to modify the Odoov8 for how to acess the local file system in order to run on OpenShift or Heroku.

Someone has report issues as installing OpenERP in heroku: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25424018/can-i-deploy-openerp-on-heroku

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/23/14, 4:28 AM
Seen: 3415 times
Last updated: 10/13/15, 12:08 PM