Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I create multiple price breaks based on order quantity? [Closed]

By
Brad Borne
on 8/4/13, 6:17 PM 6,020 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 12/24/2013 22:44:14

We are evaluating OpenERP. As an injection molder (we manufacture customer specific parts from raw plastic resin) we buy raw resin and receive a lower price/pound if we buy in larger quantities, this combined with the amortized setup costs of each job (production run), allows us to sell to our customers in a similar fashion - lower prices for higher quantities of parts purchased. So, a critical function is the ability to create multiple prices for the same part number based on the order quantity and the ability to order resin at different prices per quantity ordered. We would need to generate quotes to reference the same part number with four or five price breaks as follows:

PN: ABC123
Part Description: Plastic Widget

Minimum QTY / Price at this QTY

1000 / $5.00

2500 / $4.00

5000 / $3.00

10000 / $2.50

We need to issue Purchase Orders for a single purchase based on receiving pricing from our suppliers in a similar form.

How would we go about following and implementing these procedure in OpenERP?

I need to have different lists of prices according to the quantity of products that my customers buy is cheaper, for example, if they buy from 1 to 5 coins, the price is $ 50, if they buy from 6-10 the price is $ 40

Nefi Lopez Garcia
on 6/8/14, 11:21 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/4/13, 7:15 PM

1) Make sure the "Use pricelists to adapt your price per customers" option is checked from the menu sequence

Settings ‣ Configuration ‣ Sales

2) Make sure the "Manage pricelist per supplier" option is checked from the menu sequence

Settings ‣ Configuration ‣ Purchases

3) Define pricelists from the menu sequence

Sales ‣ Configuration ‣ Pricelists ‣ Pricelists

4) Once the pricelist is defined you have to link at least one version. You can create a new version directly from the pricelist or from the menu sequence

Sales ‣ Configuration ‣ Pricelists ‣ Pricelist Versions

The version contains all of the rules that enable you to calculate a price for a product and a given quantity.

5) Start by setting the Name of this associated version. If the list only has a single version, you can use the same name for the pricelist and the version. In the Price List field, select the pricelist you created (this is not necessary if you create the version directly from the pricelist).

Then set the Start Date and End Date of this version. The fields are both optional: if you do not set any dates the version will be permanently active. Only one version may be active at any one point, so bear this in mind when creating them. Use the Active field in the versions to activate or disable a pricelist version.

A pricelist version is made up of a set of rules that apply to the basic product prices.

image description

You define the conditions for a rule in the first part of the screen labelled Rules Test Match. The rule applies to the Product or Product Template and/or the named Product Category. If a rule is applied to a category, then it is automatically applied to all of its subcategories too (using the tree structure for product categories).

If you set a minimum quantity in Min. Quantity, the rule will only apply to a quantity equal to or larger than the quantity set. This way, you can define reduced rates in steps according to the quantities ordered.

Several rules can be applied to an order. OpenERP evaluates these rules by sequence number, to determine which rule(s) to apply to the specified price calculation. If several rules are valid, only the first in sequence is used for the calculation. The Sequence field determines the order, starting with the lowest number and working up.

Once a rule has been selected, the system has to determine how to calculate the price from the rule. This operation is based on the criteria set out in the lower part of the form, labelled Price Computation.

More information at https://doc.openerp.com/7.0/book/6/6_16_Sales/6_16_Sales_pricing/

Ray, Thanks for the really quick and detailed response. I'll give that a try and see how it goes.

Brad Borne
on 8/5/13, 12:31 PM

This is the correct answer and should be marked as such. The difference between Pricelists and Pricelist Versions was a little confusing at first but with some trial and error it makes sense.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 12/24/13, 10:09 PM

BTW I wish I had read this answer in its entirety bc the sequence really took me a little while to figure out why the rules weren't taking. Their sequences were off.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 12/24/13, 10:10 PM

Very interesting... But how did you make the red characters in your text? I would like to be able to write red characters...

Pascal Tremblay
on 11/21/14, 7:54 AM
Brad Borne
On 8/5/13, 12:30 PM

Ray,

Thanks for the really quick and detailed response. I'll give that a try and see how it works out.

Brad

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/4/13, 6:17 PM
Seen: 6020 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM