Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I create a Call-off order for a customer?

By
Cathy Ely
on 7/16/13, 12:40 PM 1,242 views

I have a customer who wants to place an order to the value of £15,000 and be able to call-off goods throughout the year. I have to send him an Invoice to the value of £15,000 so that he can account for it on his system and make the payment to us. However there will be no stock issued until he asks for it. He may at any point send someone to us to collect goods. We need some way to manage his account and know how much he has in it. Is this something that can be handled in V6.1 of OpenERP or not?

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 7/16/13, 12:44 PM

Possibly, you would have to code a custom module that would allow the customer the ability to do what you propose.

And you would have to create a user for them in your system so they could log in.

Thank you for your prompt response and answer. We would not be giving a customer access to the system but manage the process ourselves. I think we may have to look at an Initial Invoice for a service to the value of £15,000 and then when they request goods create an order but credit back the value of the order so that it has a balance of zero. We can then total the sales orders monthly to keep a track of spend against the total Service Invoice. I am new to OpenERP so I could not create a custom module myself. Thanks for your reply.

Cathy Ely
on 7/16/13, 12:57 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/16/13, 12:40 PM
Seen: 1242 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM