Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I configure multiple outgoing email servers?

By
Varghese Menacherry
on 2/19/13, 3:23 PM 4,721 views

I can configure outgoing email servers (smtp) with my (admininstrator) email id and password for our company gmail account. But when another user try to send out the email, it uses the same gateway as mine. That means the receiving user see the emails of all users as coming from my email id (administrator).

How can other users send out the email with their email id in the "from" field?

Thank you

Varghese

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 2/20/13, 4:12 AM

In OpenERP version 7.0 always the mail gateway with the lowest sequence (highest priority) is used.

Although it is possible to specify a mail gateway for an email message (field mail_server_id in object mail.mail) this option is not used in the current version.

You can only add this functionality by writing a short module.

Well I just wrote such module. github.com/bamps/smtp-per-user

Leonid Kurbatov
on 12/22/13, 2:44 PM
Tony Felice
On 2/21/13, 5:51 PM

In my test environment I have a single outgoing email server, with no credentials. That way the outgoing email uses the "From" email address of the user who actually sends it. It's OK to do this from a security standpoint if the outgoing server is localhost (127.0.0.1), which would mean the SMTP server on the machine that OpenERP is running on. I'm using another valid approach, which is to configure the outgoing server as my domain's production server and and the OpenERP server's IP address to the mail server's list of allowed relay clients (for example, in 'mynetworks' in Postfix).

i do this but no email receipt in my inbox please help me

si_oumayma
on 9/25/14, 11:22 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/19/13, 3:23 PM
Seen: 4721 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM