This question has been flagged

I am using the community edition and am trying to figure out how to automatically update BOM costs based on quantity based on vendor pricelists. 

For example I have 4 raw materials in one product, if I manufacture 1 unit the price is higher then if I manufacture 100 units. However the bom cost always takes the price on the main product page no matter what quantity I manufacture. 

Does anyone know of a solution? Please note that I am a bit of a newbie and am muddling my way through all this.

Discard

the BOM would be costs of components, do cost of your components/materials vary much in price with quantity bought? but other inputs for manufacturing cost would be set up costs, changeover costs etc...that might be more fixed no matter what quantity run you do. i have the same issue. i haven't gotten into odoo manufacturing modules yet so not sure the capability for variable quantity cost with all costs inputted.

Best Answer

These costs are precalculations, and you can only have one price on the material. The cost will always be an average of what you do, in one way or another. As well as the material prices.  

For BOM / Routing there might be an option to have several alternatives. But I don't know how Odoo reacts in such cases for the calculation.

For the material cost you have the option to use FIFO pricing or average.  Your latest purchasing or production cost will be reflected in the costing of the material.  The setting is on Product Categories.  Set costing method to FIFO and Inventory Valuation to Automatic.

Discard
Author

Thanks for the reply I will give it a go and report back.