Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
No, for the moment, there doesn't seem to be a way to directly attach an existing google doc to a specific item.
I will see if it's possible to improve that.
However, you could also work with templates and select a specific google doc which would not be modified in any way but which contents would be used as a template when adding google doc attachments in openerp.
- Go to Settings => Google Docs configuration => Models configuration
- Select a specific model (e.g. Sales Order) for which you want a template, add an existing google doc idea (refer to the information)
- Now, create e.g. a sales order, and add a google doc attachment: the template you provided will be used
I found a devious way to do what you want, using a Google Docs Form. (Google's new form making kit is a huge improvement over the old rubbish, by the way.)
I created a form to attach to Leads/Opportunity. It's a form my client's sales staff must complete in order to provide the engineering department with basic initial project dimensions.
Assuming you have the "Knowledge" and "Google_???" modules installed:
- Create a simple form to begin with
- Mail it to yourself
- In Settings => Google Docs configuration => Models configuration you will specify the module, (as per Gille's answer above, eg, Leads/Opportunity), but then . . .
- . . . instead of document:0Ai...RNYT or spreadsheet:1pZ...e29m you will use form:ZGf...Se2, where ZGf...Se2 is the key to creating the form (this is more a reference than a reality, as you will see below)
- Create (or edit) an Opportunity and save it.
- Select "Add Google Doc...", and ignore what comes out
- Go back to your email, pull out the form, fill in the fields, and submit it.
- In the last step of submitting you'll see a link, "Edit your response"
- Back in OpenERP, open up the Knowledge module and edit the newly created, but useless attachment,
- Replace the attachment URL with the "Edit your response" URL.
- Save it and then go back to the Opportunity, and open its attachment. It will be the copy of the form that has the fields prepared,
I said "more reference than reality" because, of course, you replace the originally specified attachment with the one you filled in. When they first create the attachment your users will get taken to the form maker kit -- not a form to fill in. This may be problematic -- but it is only a workaround, after all.
I'm using the google drive doc module. It lets me use my templates and it creates a copy of that google doc (template) in my drive location. Then that new document shows up under my attached documents. Until here it's fine. Then it pops up an error when I try to delete that attached document. Also if I try to attach a non related google doc it doesn't do anything at all killing the regular document attachment functionality.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 2/6/13, 11:08 AM|
|Seen: 6315 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|